The Manager, Marketing Project Management oversees the day-to-day execution of an assigned portfolio of marketing-focused projects and programs for the US Property Management function, specific business groups within the US Property Management business (e. g. Greystar Owned Asset portfolio), or for the Company. The position is responsible for developing and directing activities within detailed project plans, and implementing innovative, integrated, and effective solutions that align the project delivery experience to the specific and applicable operational strategy. The Manager, Marketing Project Management position is also responsible for developing project budgets, monitoring progress on project and project-related activities, including adhering to timelines and schedules, managing and allocating resources, controlling the approved project-related expenditures/costs, and coordinating communications with internal and external stakeholders throughout the life cycle of projects. The Manager, Marketing Project Management position leads or participates in providing comprehensive and informative presentations, updates on key programs and projects underway, and recaps highlighting results from launched or completed projects.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Lead and manage the development and execution of assigned projects and programs that significantly focus on or contain marketing solutions involving creative, digital, and supplier partnerships to achieve business- and/or company-wide goals and priorities.
- Develop comprehensive project plans that reflect best practices in project management, including establishing key milestones, timelines, and the schedule of activities required for project completion. Identify, propose, and cost-justify resources needed for successful project completion and implementation, develop, seek approval on, and manage project budgets, and define key measures for evaluating project success.
- Oversee the coordination with internal and external resource and service providers to respond to requests for creative support, provide needed information via creative brief formats, and oversee communications between creative resources, media partners, and project team members and stakeholders to ensure quality, timeliness, and integrity across all project executions.
- Assist the functional leadership in institutionalizing processes, practices, technologies, platforms, and tools that drive efficient and effective management of complex business projects, and make recommendations and/or introduce changes and enhancements that improve project management efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Recruit, interview, hire, develop, and manage project management team members by complying with the Company's human resource policies, practices, and procedures, and by demonstrating effective leadership and management behaviors that align with Greystar values, and promote a productive and positive work environment.
- Ensure the effective distribution and assignment of programs, projects, and workloads to the project management team, set up routines and processes for overseeing progress on multiple projects, and maintain ongoing communication with project team members to stay vigilant in spotting and addressing red flags that may signal potential issues adversely impacting a project's progress.
- Build and maintain productive and supportive relationships with key business leaders and project/program sponsors and owners, including the marketing channel owners, in order to understand project priorities and goals, coordinate needed resources and expertise, manage stakeholder expectations, and promote shared ownership for project results.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams, clients, and real estate operations leaders to stay informed about business trends, operating conditions, changes in goals and priorities, and other factors that may influence planned and in-progress projects, and evaluate and determine necessary courses of action to manage impact on programs or projects.
- Effectively use Enterprise established project management tools and other applications for building, managing, and providing project status reports, adhere to the Project Management Office processes, standards, and policies, and positively represent and advocate for project management standards and best practices.
- Develop and deliver effective communication structures, including preparing written and oral presentations to key stakeholders on the status or results of programs and projects, creating supplemental and supportive graphics, reports, PowerPoint decks, and other documents to enrich the quality of the communications, and responding effectively to project stakeholder questions and requests.
- Maintain a broad and current knowledge of concepts, practices, and software, and platforms related to project management, as well as marketing, advertising, and digital/social/mobile marketing. Build, establish, and access a network of marketing experts and professionals inside and outside of the industry, and attend or participate in conferences, professional associations, and other events that contribute to professional growth. Promote team member participation in activities that support their professional growth and development and discipline expertise.
- Follow and oversee team member compliance with the Company's established operating, systems, financial, and human resources policies and procedures, and meet Company and departmental standards and requirements related to job performance.
- Personally practice proper safety techniques, follow the Company's risk and safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any team member or visitor injuries, accidents, or other safety-related issues to the appropriate individual(s). Ensure team member awareness of and compliance with safety protocols and procedures.
- Continually seek ways and act on opportunities for improving the processes, practices, systems, software, and project management platform, and actively support efforts that improve the function's efficiency, effectiveness, productivity, and overall contributions to the Company.
- Incumbents will work in a Greystar or home-office, or a hybrid model.
- Incumbents must be able to view computer screens, paper documents, reports, and other written materials for extended periods of time where visual strain may result.
- Occasional travel within the US may be required to attend business meetings, training sessions, conferences, or other situations necessary to accomplish all or parts of the daily responsibilities of this position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Bachelor's degree or comparable experience in marketing, advertising, or digital or creative marketing channels. 5-7 years' hands-on experience in marketing project management, preferably in marketing communications or creative/digital/advertising in a client-facing role.
- As multiple project management teams exist within the National Marketing function, this position may be assigned to any of the teams in leading and executing multiple projects that contain a significant marketing focus. Regardless of the project management team to which this position is assigned, this position may require knowledge of and experience in using different project management methodologies, such as Agile, SCRUM, Kanban, or SAFe.
- Proven track record in managing marketing-focused projects, with basic experience working in Wrike, WMG, or similar project management platforms, and a good working knowledge of social and mobile content creation and CX campaigns.
- Very skilled in using tact, diplomacy, and conflict management techniques to work through and amicably resolve differences and issues that come into play during the project life cycle; must be able to negotiate and work through differences, build consensus, and win support from internal and external stakeholders, including clients.
- Excellent leadership and people-management skills, with demonstrated success in acquiring and developing talent, building and managing a team, and promoting a productive and energized work climate that encourages team member growth, engagement, and retention. Preferred 2-5 years of experience in directly managing and supervising team members.
- Proven project management skills and experience in leading complex projects and initiatives that may include working with diverse teams from different discipline areas. Excellent ability to plan, organize, manage, and direct a project team, track and monitor progress, and meet established deadlines and budgets, particularly for large-scale projects with multiple work streams (strategy, creative, account, research, and data).
- Effective interpersonal and written communication skills, including the ability to use Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and TEAMS, and ability to make effective presentations to diverse audiences. Particularly comfortable and skilled in making oral presentations and working with team members and leaders at all levels, including senior and executive leadership.
The base compensation rate will vary based on education, experience, skills, and geographic location, as applicable.
Greystar seeks to attract, recruit, advance and retain top talent. Greystar's compensation strategy is tailored to appropriately reward the skillset and experience that a team member will bring to the organization.
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their salary. Team members may also participate in the 401k plan, once eligible. Regular, full-time team members are offered a range of medical, financial, and other benefits from which to choose.
For Union and Prevailing Wage roles compensation and benefits may vary from the listed information above due to Collective Bargaining Agreements and/or local governing authority.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.